Monday 12 January 2015

Essence Lip Liners: Review & Swatches

I am in love! Essence Lip Liners are amazing. They're only €1.29 and they're just unbelievable quality. They're quite short if you compare them to MAC or Wet 'n' Wild lip liners, but I don't think this should deter you. They are ridiculously cheap so even buying several wouldn't cost half as much as a MAC one. They're very creamy, and they don't dry your lips out at all. You can even wear them alone as a matte colour and they don't feel drying at all. The colour range is actually quite good as well. I don't yet have all of them but at that price I soon will. I have Soft Berry, Satin Mauve, Red Blush, In The Nude, Wish Me A Rose, and Honey Berry. The main lipsticks I wear these with are my MAC lipsticks so I've listed what I wear with each one.



Honey Berry is a deep pink. It's a perfect match for Girl About Town, but I also wear it under Heroine and that works really well too. I think it's because Heroine has a fuchsia base, have you ever noticed when it wears off it looks like you were wearing a bright pink rather than a purple?

Wish Me A Rose is a pale cool pink and it goes perfectly with Pink Plaid, perfectly. It's similar to MAC Hip 'n' Happy lip liner.

Red Blush is a great one for Brave Red, which I don't wear often enough, but I'm hoping this lip liner will encourage me to wear it more often. I think it might also work with Diva, but I haven't tried that yet.

In the Nude is exactly as imagined, so from my humble collection it would be best with 
Blankety or Velvet Teddy.

Soft Berry is a muted berry colour, if muted and berry could go in the same sentence. Strangely, I like to wear this with Velvet Teddy, blended very well of course. And also on its own, it makes a lovely matte, muted brown lip.

And finally, Satin Mauve, my baby. This is the nicest lip liner I think I've ever had. I love it on its own, and I love it with Blankety; I wear it as kind of an ombre lip, with Satin Mauve on the outside blended in, and then Blankety in the centre. It also goes really well with my newest love L'Oréal Color Riche Lipstick in 302 Bois de Rose.

On a slightly related note, having experienced the glory of these lip liners I bought a black Essence Kajal eyeliner and I find that equally lovely. It's the same price €1.29. Moral of the story: Essence Liners are amazeballs, go buy some!




No comments:

Post a Comment