Monday 23 February 2015

Review: Lidl's Miomare Brushes

I was having a look around Lidl as I do every Friday night (wild, I know) and came across some makeup brushes. I assumed they'd be really poor quality, but I can't walk past a brush without some investigation. I found one that had been removed from the packaging and I'm not sure I've ever felt anything softer in my life. I ended up buying three different brushes. None of which I needed, but when has that ever stopped any of us? 
I bought an angled face brush, a powder brush, and an eye brush. 




The angled brush is soft, as are all the brushes, but it's also short and dense enough to hold its shape. I find this perfect for contouring. I had been using the Real Techniques Contour Brush and the Sephora Angled Blush brush but I found the Contour Brush too small to be effective; it took more work than needed, and the Angled Blush brush was too big and too soft; it didn't apply enough product, and there wasn't enough control. This is exactly like the Sephora brush, but shorter and slightly smaller. It's by no means stiff, but it's dense enough that you can push it up against the underside of your cheekbone to contour, and rather than splaying, it softly pushes the colour on to your skin exactly where you want it. It's also fluffy enough to be able to blend with it too so you don't need to switch to another brush. Perfect! 

The powder brush is wide, and flat. I would best describe it as a slightly narrower, slightly thicker version of a fan brush. Or like a non-angled, longer version of the angled brush. I think the small surface area on the top would make this annoying to powder all over with, but you could certainly use it for powdering specific areas like the T-zone. I find the way it's relatively thin for a powder brush makes it good for applying powder to smaller areas like the cheeks or around the hairline, so I use this for bronzer. 

The eye brush, although it's nothing special, is quite nice. It's a double ended brush, and both sides are the same shape, but one is smaller. It's very similar to the smaller end of the brushes that come with the Urban Decay Naked palettes. It's great for packing shadow on to the lid and my Urban Decay brushes are somehow never clean. 
I've washed them a few times and they held up really well. I think the angled and powder brushes cost €2.99 each and the eye brush was €1.99. The only problem is that Lidl only stocks their special products occasionally so they're not there at the moment, but keep an eye out for them, they're a great bargain. 

No comments:

Post a Comment